Calling all Journey Girls Dolls ready for an adventure! The Forever 18 Inches Nautical Skirt With Pockets Pattern a skirt with deep pockets—so handy for dolls and their friends who want to stow important treasures! Option 1 of this PDF sewing pattern has decorative topstitching, an inset panel, deep patch pockets, a faux-buttoned waistband, and a straight gathered skirt that can be used with border prints or stripes. Option 2 is a simplified version of Option 1 to make the skirt an easy-level sewing project for newer seamstresses. Both skirts have flat fronts and elasticized backs for easy dressing and fit.
Special Note - This pattern is designed to fit a Journey Girls Doll specifically and will not fit the standard 18 inch doll such as American Girl Doll. A Journey Girls doll is 18 inches tall but has a much slimmer body. You can see more info on our Doll Measurements page. This pattern is also available to fit American Girl dolls.
Recommended Fabrics: Light-weight woven fabric with a tight weave and bit of drape
Fabric Requirements: All fabrics should have a tight weave
- Option 1: ¼ yd. of light-weight fabric with a bit of drape
- Option 2: ¼ yd. of light-weight fabric with a bit of drape
1. Matching thread and contrast thread
3. One pair of small, very sharp scissor to trim seam allowances.
6. Graph Paper to make the pattern for the Option 1 and Option 2 Skirt
7. A small sturdy safety pin (approximately 3/8” x 7/8” or smaller)
In addition, Options 1 & 2 need:
1. Four to six ¼” buttons, depending on the chosen Option
2. One 4 – 1/2” piece of ½” elastic OR two 4 -1/2” pieces of ¼” elastic (Note: 5/8” elastic will also work well, but it can be harder to find. To use the ¼” elastic, follow the Alternate Elastic Directions on Page 21.)
Skill Level: Easy and Intermediate
What You Get: One 31 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
The Elastic-Back Circle Skirt Pattern, by Forever 18 Inches, was originally created because I wanted to...