Warm weather means bare legs and bare backs to catch the sun! This romper offers both, with a retro flair.
The princess-seamed bodice is fully lined and has halter ties at the neck and waist to bare the back.
The skirt sports inverted pleats in the front trimmed with a vintage-style gathered pocket and hangs at knee length, in keeping with its vintage design.
The shorts are also pleated in the front to match the bodice seams and have a gathered waist in the back, hanging just above the knee.
Either view can be constructed with coordinated prints for the pockets, side fronts, ties, and more.
Your 14”- 14.5” doll will look adorable in this little romper or dress, and since it’s so quick and easy to make, you can create several in many different fabrics and colors.
Top them all off with a straw hat and glasses, and your doll is ready to bask in the sun.
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 14-14.5" dolls such as Hearts For Hearts Girls® and WellieWishers™. It is also available sized to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: Lightweight woven fabrics in solids and/or coordinating prints
• ¼ yd or 1 fat quarter of light weight woven for main fabric
• ¼ yd. or 1 fat quarter of lightweight woven for coordinating fabric
• Optional: 1 additional scrap of coordinating lightweight woven fabric for top lining
• Optional: scrap of coordinating fabric for bodice accent ties
• 1 piece of 1/4” elastic measuring 2.5” in length
• Matching thread
• Optional: erasable marker, chalk, or water-soluble marking pencil
• Optional: Spray starch
• Chopstick or narrow pointed turning tool
• Steam iron
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 38 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!