The “Rosie Romper” pattern by Genniewren Designs, is a cute design for your 15” Ruby Red Fashion Friends™ doll. There are three neckline styles and three pants options, which can all be mixed and matched.
The bodice is lined and the romper fastens at the center back bodice with snaps or a hook and loop tape closure. Instructions are given for both closure options.
The back has sashes to tie in a big bow to add interest.
View A has a high necked bodice and full length plain pants.
View B has a sweetheart neckline or a scooped neckline and full length pants with ruffles.
View C has “shortie” pants with an optional elasticized edge to the leg.
Views A & B offer the perfect style outfit for a birthday party or for more formal occasions. View C is ideal for a day spent relaxing in the park, playing in the sandpit, or enjoying a picnic at the beach!
Instructions are included for piping the bodice should you wish to do so and additional cutting lines are included to simplify the piping process.
Whatever options you choose for your Rosie Romper your doll is sure to love this versatile, comfortable garment.
Special Note: This PDF pattern is designed to fit a 15 inch Ruby Red Fashion Friends™ Doll specifically.
Recommended Fabrics: The Rosie Romper pattern is designed for woven fabrics with a soft drape, e.g. cotton broadcloth, shirting fabrics, poplin, lawn, batiste, gingham, seersucker, quilter’s cottons, chambray or cotton blends (e.g. polycotton). It would also work with lightweight synthetic fabrics with a soft drape, such as viscose, rayon, and blouse weight polyester.
- View A – One fat quarter (18” x 22” / 46 cm x 56 cm)
- View B – One fat quarter of main fabric and one fat quarter of contrasting/toning fabric.
- View C – Single fabric option needs a fat quarter of fabric. For the three fabric option shown in the examples you will need three pieces of fabric: 4” x 11” (10 cm x 28 cm) for the bodice, 6” x 22” (15 cm x 56 cm) for the pants and 4” x 22” (10 cm x 56 cm) for the waist ties.
- All Views – 4” x 11” (10 cm x 28 cm) lining fabric (or you could cut the lining from your main fabric or from the contrast fabric if preferred).
- View A – 2” (5 cm) of anti snag hook and loop tape cut in half longways, or 2” (5 cm) of ultra thin hook and loop tape, OR, three snaps. Views B & C – 1.5” (4 cm) of anti snag hook and loop tape or ultra thin hook and loop tape, OR, two snaps.
- View C – A quarter of a yard (25 cm) of 3/16” (3 mm) wide elastic.
- Rick rack or piping trim (optional).
- Three 1/4” (6mm) buttons for View A or two 1/4” (6mm) buttons for View B and C to decorate the bodice (optional)
NOTIONS AND TOOLS YOU MIGHT FIND USEFUL
- A mini iron for getting into those tiny areas when pressing the seams on your dolls’ clothes. These can be found in most quilt stores, or online.
- A sleeve board is ideal for pressing doll’s clothes rather than using a standard size ironing board. A mini tailor’s ham and sleeve roll will also help.
- Tailor’s chalk, chalk pencil, dressmaker’s carbon paper, washable or air dry marker pens for transferring pattern markings to the wrong side of your fabric.
- Fray blocking fluid for sealing seams and edges.
Skill Level: Intermediate - due to size
What You Get: One 42 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with Ruby Red Fashion Friends™.