Lovely Lexi is another of my signature designs, knit from the neck down so requires only a little sewing for the sleeve and back seams. The beautiful pattern in the skirt may look complicated but is really quite easy and goes up very fast. Just look at those elegant bell sleeves, and how special is that beautiful patterned edge! It's the attention to details that make it the perfect dress for any special formal occasion.
So many ways to wear this dress with the button-on collar. Make it in the same colour as the dress and add a gorgeous button. Or try making the dress in a variegated yarn and then pick one of the colours in the yarn to make the collar and belt. You might like to leave the collar off and just wear the dress with a fancy necklace. Any way you wear it your doll will stand out in a crowd.
The belt too is easy to make, just a few rows of knitting and a fringe at each end. There are so many beads to choose from but make sure when choosing them that the holes are big enough for the yarn to go through. I only put two beads on each strand but use your imagination and embellish the belt however you like. Also, the cord tie belt instructions are included for another great look.
Lovely Lexi has so much to offer and will be a great addition to your dolls wardrobe.
This pattern by My AG Doll Creations is designed to fit 18” dolls such as American Girl® as well as Maplelea® Girl™ & Friends™
Recommended Yarns: Any size 3 yarns such as Loops & Threads® Joy DK™, Berroco® Vintage® DK, Paintbox® Simply DK™, Bernat® Softee® Baby™
- approximately 2 oz. (60 gm) of DK or light size 3 yarn for Lexi’s Dress
- approximately .1 oz. (5 gm) of DK or light size 3 yarn for the Collar
- approximately .1 oz. (5 gm) of DK or light size 3 yarn for the Belt
- size 3 US (3.25 mm) straight needles
- size 6 US (4 mm) straight needles
- size 6 US (4 mm) circular needles (optional)
- 4 stitch markers
- Row counter (optional)
- 4 small buttons for the Dress
- 1 small button for the Collar 20
- 24 small beads for the Belt (The hole has to be big enough for yarn.)
- 30“ Cording for the tie Belt (Optional)
- 2 beads for optional tie Belt
- yarn needle
- needle and thread
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 25 page knitting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF knitting pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Knit!