Bring a little magic into your doll's life with this cute fairy outfit. The Fairy Dress PDF Pattern combines pretty shades of tulle in your favorite color combinations and adorns them with sequins, glitter and flowers to create a truly enchanted look!
• 1/4 yard of stretch velvet for bodice
• 17” x 6” piece of lining fabric for the skirt
• 1/4 yard of each of your colored tulle (I’ve used three colors in this design). *
• Matching thread
• 20” elastic 1/4” wide for the straps and waistband of the underskirt.
• Small amount of hook and loop tape
• Small fabric flowers, sequines or other adornments for adding to the dress and wings.
• Optional: metallic thread for sewing the wings together.
* An assortment of tulle, organza type fabric or similar would work well but stiff tulle is required for the wings.
Difficulty Level: Easy
What You Get: One 10 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®
Lovely and cute pattern. I love it
It is very cute. I used taffeta for the top instead of stretchy fabric, but you need to add an extra 5/8" or whatever needed to the back top seam allowance. It's also easier to use netting for the skirt or a fabric that doesn't fray. I also backed the netting wings with a lightweight plastic page protector. Really liked the pattern.
Used stretch velvet for the bodice, two colors of tulle for the skirt, so pretty. Next version, used sequined tulle, pretty again. The separate underskirt and bodice were both very easy for my child to dress her doll. The wings are just plain fun to make and easy to put on with hook closure.
I made this as a birthday gift for my niece with rainbow tulle, pink tulle with sparkles and stretch satin. She loved it. I used a piece of clear vinyl between the layers of tulle for the wings to help them keep their shape. It worked nicely.
Fairies are one of my 6 year old grand daughters favorites! She wants this for her American Girl Doll. My grand daughter is taking ballet lessons this year so this is one she plays with alot.