For a simple way to make Flossie Potter’s Town & Country crop top into an elegant blouse, just follow these easy steps.
SUPPLIES: Same as for the original pattern.
1. Before cutting out the pattern piece (remember to print twice), measure and draw a line 1/2” down from the sides of the pattern piece, and connect them across to increase the length (red lines).
2. Tape the two pattern pieces together as in the pattern instructions on step 13, and fold them at the taped edge so they are held together. Under the right-hand arrow point on the pattern piece, draw a 1/2” line going up from the new hem (red line).
Mark 1/4” on both sides of the line and connect the marks diagonally to form a triangle (green lines). Remove the triangle, cutting through both pattern pieces.
3. Lay the pattern piece on the folded fabric as directed in the pattern instructions on step 14. Cut around the outer edge, but DO NOT CUT THE TRIANGLE. Unfold and re-fold with right sides together. Re-pin the pattern piece in place.
4. Sew inside the triangles, using a short stitch length and pivoting at the point. Clip the fabric inside the stitches.
5. When turning the fabric right side out, use a point turner to make crisp points near the triangles. Continue with the pattern instructions to complete the top.
Your new elegant blouse will look great paired with the Flossie Potter 1950's Department Store skirt!
Yes - I want the Liberty Jane Co. Newsletter!
© 2023 Pixie Faire