Create these pretty summery fifties inspired frocks with this beautifully designed Keepers Dolly Duds doll clothes pattern. These will be nifty additions to your doll's 1950's wardrobe! Both dress variations feature an off-center front opening, a separate belt, and a rounded collar that ties at the side. View A is sleeveless with a self lined bodice. View B has 3/4 length cuffed sleeves and is constructed using facings for the bodice. Bodice darts allow for some adjustment to fit the varied waistlines of the soft-bodied dolls. This is a relatively easy pattern to make and a great choice for beginning sewists!
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Suggested Fabrics: View A and B Dress in medium weight cotton, cotton blends, wool, linen, or silk. Not suitable for knits.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 27 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides step-by-step digitally drawn illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
This pattern is inspired by 13-14th century England and Western Europe Medieval clothes worn by...
The instructions were well written and the pattern pieces fit together nicely. I didn't care for the size of the buttons so I changed the button size and made working button holes. The dress fits my doll a bit snug. I will adjust the pattern to allow more room in my next dress. All in all I'm satisfied the pattern.
Rec'd pattern, no problems. Even made the dress, with shoes and bag to match. Would like to send pic but didn't receive that option. Must admit, I made some changes in the pattern. I got frustrated and ended up putting the tie part of collar in center instead of to the side. It worked, and looks great! I'm forever making changes in patterns, especially to cover my blunders. Thanks Pixie Faire!