“Shanghai Skirt” consists of a classic pencil skirt with functioning front and back pockets, topstitching, and an easy back closure. The hem of the skirt is distressed for a bit of edginess, and this can be emphasized more (or less).
There are two examples of “Shanghai Skirt” in this pattern: one features a classic pencil skirt made from 2-way stretch denim and including topstitching (in a contrasting thread), while the other is a classic pencil skirt made from 2-way stretch knit fabric and does not include topstitching nor the back pockets. Both examples include functioning front pockets. There are also two options for the waistband: the first is the waistband depicted in these pictures, while the second is a simpler option that uses fold over elastic.
Primarily designed for the Pullip™ (Type 4 body) doll size, this pattern will also fit other similar dolls such as Fashionista Barbie™, Disney Descendants™, and Neo-Blythe™ as it is, or by slight adjustments to the hook and loop tape back (or hems).
The pattern is designed for 2-way stretch fabrics like denim.
Recommended Fabrics: Two-way stretch fabrics like denim, and two-way knit fabrics like jersey knits.
• 14" wide by 9" deep 2-way stretch fabric like denim or knit. NOTE: a denim fabric or similar is best if you are topstitching the skirt. If you are NOT doing much topstitching, then any knit fabric will do.
• Lawn (or similar) remnant for pocket facing on skirt (or use fashion fabric for the facing).
• Contrasting thread for skirt for topstitching detail (optional)
• Tulle stretch remnant for waistband facing option 4" wide x 2" deep
• Fold over elastic for waistband option 4" long by ½" or 1" deep
• Matching thread
• Hook and loop tape, snap fasteners, or hook and eye closures.
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 28 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
Fashion dolls love wearing dungarees. They’re comfy and stylish all-in-one. This particular pattern offers the...