The Butterfly Frock for 14.5" dolls is a simple dress that can be made to look dressy or casual depending on the fabric, ribbon and buttons you choose. It’s quick and easy to put together. Although it has buttons, there are no button holes to make. There are snaps to hold the dress together, and buttons sewn on to look like it buttons in the front. It's quick and easy to put together if you've ever made something with rick rack peeking out from the seams. If not, you can learn how while making this dress.
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 14.5" dolls such as Wellie Wishers. It is also available for 18" dolls such as American Girl®,
Recommended Fabrics: cotton piqué, eyelet, cotton
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 14 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
I love this pattern. It is very easy to follow and quick to sew.
I bought this pattern to make for my granddaughter’s doll. The pattern was easy to follow, and fit perfectly! Looking forward to trying other patterns I have bought.
I made this for my WW. I machine embroidered the butterflies on the front using butterflies meant for collar tips. They worked perfectly. The rickrack was touchy only because it was so tiny. My only problem with this dress was that it was a bit difficult to get on. It fit well once it was on but it was hard getting the second arm through without some twisting. Some that have used this pattern in the 18" version could actually put a top underneath it and turn it into a jumper. That won't work with the Wellie version unless it is enlarged somewhat or taking a 1/8" seam rather than a 1/4".
This is a really cute and easy dress to make. I suggest ironing the tiny rik rak into the curves necessary to attach it to the dress. I also found the plastic clips hold the trim in place while sewing much better than pins. I skipped the butterflies and instead embroidered daisies up the front. Am going to make it again as a reversible dress with snaps as closures.