Let's have some fun on the water with ReadCreation's Catamaran PDF pattern for 13" - 18" dolls. Don't know how to sew? No problem, instructions contain sew and no sew options. When you are done playing, disassemble and store in bonus storage bag.
No doll is safe on the water without a Life Jacket from ReadCreations available in two fun sizes: for 18" dolls and 14.5" dolls.
Approximate overall dimensions of Catamaran: 34" x 17" x 32" when assembled, 34" x 9" x 3" when disassembled.
Disclaimer: Dolls should not go in the water. This Catamaran is intended for pretend play only!
Find out how to make the Polynesian raft shown in the example image by following along in the Pattern Hack at Pixie Faire.
This PDF pattern is designed to accommodate 13-18" dolls.
Recommended Fabrics: PVC, CPVC and ripstop fabric
Supplies needed for Catamaran
• 6' of 2" PVC
• 9' of ½" CPVC
• (6) 90° connectors of ½" CPVC
• (1) T connector of ½" CPVC
• (5) ½" CPVC tube strap and (10) #4 flat head screws (½" long)
• (1) ½" CPVC cap
• PVC primer and glue
• (5) small eye hook (#216)
• Gel Super Glue®, E6000 Glue®, Hot glue gun and glue sticks
•Drill with small drill bits (1/16 , 3/16, and 1/8, you might have to adjust the drill bit size)
• Dremmel® with ½" drum sander attachment (optional, but extremely helpful)
• Sturdy cardboard and white paint and sealer or plastic 4' white solid gutter
• Fine sandpaper
Supplies needed for Catamaran Sail (sew and no-sew option)
• 1/2 yard of color 1 (blue) rip stop nylon fabric
• 1/3 yard of color 2 (white) rip stop nylon fabric (58" wide)
• 1/4 yard of color 3 (purple) rip stop nylon fabric
• Roll of 3/8" wide HeatnBond Ultrahold® No-Sew Hem tape (no-sew option only)
• 23" of 1/4" boning or 1/8" wooden dowel or (2) 13" zip ties
• 25" of 1/2" wide hem tape, ribbon or single fold bias tape (or make your own single folded bias tape from rip stop nylon fabric)
• 5 yards of 1.8 mm poly cording (curtain string) (found e.g. at JoAnn Fabrics) or similar non-stretching thin string
• (4) 18mm round 2-hole cord locks (or similar small size) (optional, but recommended)
Supplies needed for Catamaran Seating (sew and no-sew option)
• 1/2 yard of black utility fabric (e.g. Duck Canvas) (sew option only)
• 2/3 yard of vinyl, Olyfun® (or reusable shopping bag) or any other strong non-fraying fabric (no-sew option only)
• 20" of 3/4" sew-on hook and loop tape (for sew version only)
• 46" of 1/2" commercial adhesive hook and loop tape (for no-sew version only)
Supplies needed for Storage Bag
• 2/3 yard of cotton or utility fabric (e.g. Duck Canvas)
• 5' of 1/2" – 5/8" wide ribbon
Skill Level: Confident beginner
What You Get: One 62 page crafting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Craft!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®
I was happy to test this for Read Creations. The instructions are great and easy to follow. Went together quickly. My daughter is having so much fun with it.
I was excited to test this for Read Creations. Lakes and Minnesota. I was at first a little over whelmed with the supply list. You know what her instructions are so very well written with pictures. It was easy to put together and build. Before you knew it we were out to the lake to take pictures and enjoy the day. Any questions Tanja is right there to answer them for you. With a Non Sew version added into the pattern my daughter will be able to to put her own together and then with Adult help for the PVC part. Such a unique and fun pattern.
I was also a pattern tester. This is the first time I have tried any of her patterns and was very pleased to see how well written they are. I followed the directions as written and it went together very easily. Looking forward to making another one.