Today’s Fashion Dolls are dolls for all seasons and all events, just like these multipurpose dungarees. Whether she’s wearing them as the latest fashion item, or simply for harvesting the garden, this nifty piece of clothing is consistently fashionable and durable, much like the small dolls themselves.
“Dungarees”, by Karen Lorraine Design, consists of unlined overalls with a front pocket on the bib. The dungarees are designed to be sewn with woven cotton fabric, although you can use a stretch fabric if desired. A denim fabric (with or without stretch) allows for a jean-type look, while a quilting cotton works particularly well in giving the “dungarees’ drape.” This pattern contains variations for how to make the shoulder straps, with the focus for the straps being on the rustic-chic look. This is a very basic pattern with only one main pattern piece.
This PDF pattern is designed to fit 11 ½" Fashion Dolls like Fashionista Barbie®. As Fashion Dolls vary in size, here are the measurements of Fashionista Barbie® that you may wish to use to compare other dolls with: bust 5 inches, waist 3 ½ inches, and hips 5 1/8 inches.
Recommended Fabrics: Woven cotton fabrics like denim, quilting cotton
• 7" (width) x 11" (height), cotton-woven fabric or 2-way stretch fabric. This fabric amount allows for the straps (which measure no more than 12cm x 1cm); however, as noted in the instructions, it is a lot easier to sew the straps with slightly more fabric and then cut excess fabric off after sewing.
• Matching or contrasting thread
• Hook and loop tape, snap fasteners, or hook and eye closures if desired. With the main rustic-chic look, no closures are necessary.
• Embellishments, such as studs, beads, adhesive beads (and glue), etc.
• Fray edge product for finishing straps (if desired).
Skill Level: Basic
What You Get: One 17 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!