Welcome back! This week we continue with our Culotte Jumpsuit sew along, focusing on the leg portion and then finishing up the garment. As with most garments, there are curves and corners along the way, so let's jump in and finish up our projects together!
There are two videos posted below - Sewing The Culotte Jumpsuit: Part 2 and a Quick Tips tutorial on how to sew a curved seamline to a straight seamline. Both videos include the tips and tricks I use when sewing curves and corners. Some may seem pretty standard and familiar while others may seem a bit unusual - that's the fun of sewing! We all learn in different ways and sometimes use different methods and techniques to accomplish the same thing. I hope the things I'm sharing benefit you in your sewing journey!
- 0:00 - 1:26 Overview
- 1:27 - 4:45 Front Leg Pocket
- 4:45 - 5:50 Side Seams
- 5:50 - 7:05 Inseam and Leg Hem
- 7:05 - 9:40 Crotch Seam
- 9:40 - 11:50 Front Pleats
- 11:50 - 15:50 Waistband Seam
- 15:50 - 21:20 Back Opening
- 21:20 - 24:00 Strap Fitting
- 24:00 - End ... Finishing up
Pattern Overview (designs that feature princess seams and sweetheart necklines):
- Liberty Jane Culotte Jumpsuit
- Liberty Jane Abbey Road
- Liberty Jane Hello Oscar
- Liberty Jane Mindil Beach Dress
- Liberty Jane Cosplay Day Dress
- Liberty Jane Faraway Downs Dress
- Liberty Jane Catalina Dress
- Liberty Jane Peplum Top and Dress
- Liberty Jane Kimberley Dress
- Liberty Jane Surfrider Sundress and Romper
Week One task:
- Continue with the sew along and follow along as we work through finishing up the jumpsuit!
- Jump over the SWC Facebook Group for conversation and project sharing.
- Also - a reminder to try to share your projects and images under the proper post in the FB group. There is a menu posted as an Announcement, that includes links to each topic we've presented. If you have images to share, please find the post and share them as a comment reply to that post. This will help to not overwhelm group members FB feeds with images. As well as make it easy to find what we're looking for inside the group itself. Thanks, everyone!
Next Tuesday - Week 3: A closer look at corners and curves on collars.
Leave a comment