Caring for a garden is a time-honored pleasure that has been shared through many ages and cultures. Now your doll can plant, weed, and harvest too with the Forever 18 Inches "Little Gardener" pattern! The pattern includes a frilly pinafore-style apron with a sectioned skirt pocket to hold gardening necessities, a hat with a floppy brim to protect your doll from the sun, dainty gardening gloves, and a bonus paper craft for tiny seed packets. When you're finished sewing all she'll need is sun, water, soil--and a little imagination.
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Suggested Fabrics: Quilter's cotton, lightweight denim, Kona cotton or other similar medium-light to medium-weight natural fabrics. 1/6 yd. (total) of very lightweight fusible interfacing will be needed for Skirt Pocket A, Bib Pocket K, and the Option 3 Gardening Gloves.
Option 1 : Apron 1/2 yd. Main Fabric and ½ yd. Contrast Fabric for Ruffles and Binding, 1/6 yd. of Contrast Fabric for Skirt Apron (or small fabric scrap), 1/6 yd. of very lightweight fusible interfacing (or small scrap)
Option 2: Sun Hat & Tied Bow 1/4 yd. of the Main Fabric, and 1/4 yd. of Lining Fabric
Option 3: Gloves 1/6 yd. Main Fabric, 1/6 yd. Ribbing (or small scrap) OR two 3" long pieces of ¾" elastic, and 1/6 yd. of very lightweight fusible interfacing (or small scrap)
1. Matching thread and sewing needle; optional contrasting thread
2. A pair of small, very sharp scissors to trim seam allowances
3. A Frixion® pen (or other marking tool) for marking Dots and tracing around templates (when touched with heat, the pen markings disappear!)
4. Optional: Fray Check®
5. Optional: a hemostat or long pair of tweezers for turning the Gloves and other small areas
6. Optional: ¼" graph paper to create the patterns for the bias Binding and Skirt Ruffle
7. Optional: coffee filters to help prevent thread bunching while sewing
Option 1: Gardening Apron
1. Four ¼" buttons
2. Cellophane tape (to create stitching guides)
Option 2: Sunhat
1. For the Hat crown and back opening: two pieces of ¼" elastic measuring 5.5" and 8.5"
2. A small safety pin for threading elastic
3. Cellophane tape to group the pattern piece and template together
Option 4: Seed Packets
1. Glue stick
2. Heavier weight printer paper
3. Craft scissors for cutting paper
4. Optional: very small seeds (sesame, poppy, etc.) to fill the seed packets
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 62 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A 7 page summary of instructions is included to help save on printer ink. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
Here’s a versatile dress designed for seamstresses who hate sewing set-in sleeves! The Easy Sleeves...
Help your doll to beat the heat with the Warm Weather Rompers pattern by Forever 18...
Get both the Flirty Boho Blouse and Flirty Mini Skirt from Forever 18 Inches bundled together and...
The Flirty Mini Skirt by Forever 18 Inches, receives its name from the modest notch and slit...