If your doll loves the holiday season and baking fancy cookies for friends and loved ones this pattern is for you! The North Pole Cookie Party pattern, by Forever 18 Inches, features three different pinafore-style aprons that will satisfy the fashion dreams of the most discriminating workshop elf. Choices include themes for an elf, Santa Claus, a retro-styled overall, and a bonus pattern for an authentically constructed potholder. The Option 3 Overall can also be used as a retro-style pinafore for historical outfits. Start sewing these whimsical aprons now to prepare for holiday feasting and sing-alongs. (S-h-h-h-h-h…be careful...don't tell any furry green Santa impersonators!)
To get the layered look on the pattern cover, combine the aprons with the Forever 18 Inches Elastic Back Circle Skirt with the Liberty Jane T-Shirt Variations and Leggings patterns!
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: All Options: A medium-weight fabric such as Kona Cotton for the Bib and Skirt and Ruffle, very lightweight fabric such as lawn or batiste for the Lining, lightweight Fleece, Minky, or very lightweight fur for the trim on the Option 2 Santa Apron
Option 1 Elf Apron: Main fabric and Lining: ¼ yd. 45" fabric; Contrast Ruffle: 1/6 yd. 45" fabric
Option 2 Santa Apron: Main fabric: 1/3 yd. 45" fabric; Lining: 1/6 yd.; Fleece trim: 2/3 yd.
Option 3 Overalls Apron: Main fabric: 1/3 yd. 45" fabric; Lining: 1/4yd. 45" fabric
Bonus Potholder: Scraps of lightweight Fleece and Main Fabric that can be cut into 3-1/2" squares (two Main Fabric, one Fleece)
1. Matching thread and optional contrast thread
2. One pair of small, very sharp scissors to trim seam allowances
3. Optional: Fray Check®, ¼" graph paper to create Ruffle rectangles
4. A Frixion® pen or other marking tool
5. Optional: a hemostat or long pair of tweezers for turning the Ties
6. Coffee filters to use as sewing guides on narrow edges
For the Option 1 Elf Apron:
1. A 12" x 18" rectangle of heavy-weight felt
2. 1/4yd. of 3/8" to ½" wide black ribbon and a scrapbook slide that fits through it
3. Two yards of narrow trim
4. Optional: Tiny bells and/or beads to trim the felt Overlay
For the Option 2 Santa Apron:
1. 1/4yd. of 3/8" to ½" wide black ribbon and a scrapbook slide that fits through it
2. Optional: Two to three ¼" black buttons
For the Option 3 Overalls Apron:
1. Four ¼" buttons
2. Two medium-sized snaps
3. A scrap of very lightweight fusible interfacing for the Pocket
For the Bonus Potholder: 12" of ¼" wide double-sided bias tape
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 53 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A 7 page summary of instructions is included to help save on printer ink. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
Here’s a versatile dress designed for seamstresses who hate sewing set-in sleeves! The Easy Sleeves...
Help your doll to beat the heat with the Warm Weather Rompers pattern by Forever 18...
Get both the Flirty Boho Blouse and Flirty Mini Skirt from Forever 18 Inches bundled together and...
The Flirty Mini Skirt by Forever 18 Inches, receives its name from the modest notch and slit...