This very versatile Pattern by ReadCreations is designed for the small 8" baby dolls such as Little Bitty Baby™ or "Caring for Baby Set" from American Girl® and similar sized baby dolls. This pattern comes with a bonus hat and many different options:
- Neck: folded-over or with cuff
- Sleeve: no sleeves, short sleeves, long sleeves with or without cuffs
- Feet: footless or with feet
- Closure: hook-and-loop tape or snaps
- Opening: front or back
Even 18" dolls need to be moms and big sisters from time to time and need to have some clothes for their little charges and a Sleeper is a must for any wardrobe.
There are also instructions on how the pattern can be adjusted to fit wider soft-bodied 8" dolls as well. Different doll measurements are provided within pattern.
This pattern does NOT fit 15" Bitty Baby® or Bitty Twin® dolls.
Recommended Fabrics: Lightweight 2-way knit fabric and very lightweight 2-way knit fabric
• 12" x 8" of 2-way or 4-way light-weight knit fabric for main body
• 8" x 5" of 2-way or 4-way very light-weight knit fabric for sleeves and neck binding
• 7" x 7" of 2-way or 4-way light-weight knit fabric for hat
• ¼" x 2¾" Thin hook-and-loop tape set (soft and rough side) or (3) small snaps
• Optional: 5mm colored metal iron-on-studs (only for kids 3 years and older, choking hazard !!!)
• Optional: small piece of 1/8" wide ribbon for decoration of hat
• Hand sewing needle
• Matching thread
• Tissue paper or coffee filter or something thin that can be easily ripped
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 49 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!