The Scalloped-Yoke Dress pattern was inspired by an adorable Mid-1950's child's dress. The dress pattern has a high yoke, with a scalloped yoke overlay and lining. The puffed-sleeves are gathered with elastic. Bloomers and a lined Scalloped Brim Bonnet complete the outfit. Add a lot of lace trim to dress it up or just a little for everyday wear. The Scalloped Yoke also has a nice place to add a small embroidered design.
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 15" baby dolls such as Bitty Baby®.
Recommended Fabrics: Cotton and blends, lightweight wovens, etc.
-2/3 Yard 45" Fabric for Dress, Bloomers and Bonnet
-1/4 Yard 45” Fabric for Lining
-Iron-on Fusible Interfacing (Medium) for Bonnet Brim (6" x 8")
-2" Hook and Loop Tape (1/2" wide or less)
-5/8 Yard 1/8" Elastic
-2/3 Yard Ribbon for Bonnet Ties (1/4" up to 11/2" wide ribbon)
-Optional Buttons or Lace for Trim
Helpful Notions: Erasable Marker/Pen for fabric, Point Turner Tool, Bodkin
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 30 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
Nonni's Baby Ball, by dKinley designs, is an interesting fabric ball created with twelve individually stuffed sections....
This dress pattern was simple to use but it turned out a very beautiful dress. The instructions were easy to follow. I made them for a friends little girl and if she would like more I will glad do so. Sorry no pictures.
This was such a beautiful dress for my granddaughter to put on her baby doll. The directions were very easy to follow and the dress made up just as pictured. I’ll be making more of this dress in the near future. Thank you
I have made a lot of dresses for dolls.I am not an expert by any means. But I consider myself a good seamstress. This was an difficult pattern to follow. I had a lot of trouble with the hat. I have done scallops before. But these seemed even more difficult. I embroidered a design on the front bodice. But when I went to put on the collar it covered up the design. So I had to leave the collar off. The directions were difficult to follow on the lining of the bodice. I had to keep looking at the pictures to see if I was doing it right. The elastic in the sleeves was especially hard. I tried it the way the pattern was written. I almost ruined that sleeve. So I went back to my old way of doing elastic. This outfit turned out really cute. But it was time consuming and tedious.