This pattern is inspired by a 1950s -style dress seen on a TV program which was set in Italy. Thus, the pattern is named Bellissima, which means 'most beautiful ' in Italian.
The Bellissima pattern is very versatile, featuring a dress with a choice of sleeve styles and skirt lengths, a tunic-length peplum top, a blouse, a skirt and a hat. The dress, blouse, peplum top, and skirt can all be worn with the buttons at the front or back, which gives you more options!
The pattern is knitted top down, all in one piece. It features delicate lacy eyelets for the raglan sleeve increases, and a pretty eyelet chevron pattern on the skirt.
This pattern uses stockinette stitch, garter stitch, yarn overs, and left and right facing decreases. The only sewing is for the sleeve seams and the buttons for the closure.
This multipurpose pattern is sure to please your doll with fun, modern-style designs that are perfect for all occasions all year round.
This PDF knitting pattern, by Genniewren Designs, is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Yarns: Suggested UK / Australian / South African Yarn Types: 4 ply yarn, Sock Yarn. Suggested US Yarn Types: Fingering Yarn, Sock Yarn. For US knitters, most yarns marked as yarn weight 1 (Super Fine) will work with this pattern depending on your gauge (tension), and many yarns marked as yarn weight 2 (Fine) will also work although you may have to use a smaller needle to achieve gauge.
- One US Size 2.5 (metric 3 mm) circular knitting needle or pair of straight needles (or whatever size needle you need to use to make the gauge/tension required), and a further pair of straight needles the same size for the sleeves.
- One US Size 2 (metric 2.75 mm) circular knitting needle or a pair of straight needles the same size for knitting the skirt waistband.
- Optional – one US Size 6 (metric 5 mm) knitting needle – needed only if you bind off tightly.
- Blunt ended yarn needle for darning in yarn ends and sewing on the buttons.
- 3/8” (7-9 mm) buttons for closure. You will need 8 buttons for the longer dress, 7 for the shorter dress, 5 for the peplum top, 3 for the blouse top, and 5 for the skirt.
- Optional: 10.5” (27cm) of 1/4” (6mm) wide elastic for the skirt waistband.
- One 100g (3.5 oz) ball of yarn will be sufficient to knit either style of dress and the hat, or the skirt and top. One 50g (1.75 oz) ball of yarn will be sufficient to knit the dress, the peplum top, or blouse.
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 42 page knitting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF knitting pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Knit! *Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®
The Royal Wedding 1981 - Diana's Bouquet craft pattern is designed to help you recreate...
This pattern by Genniewren Designs, is an 18" doll-sized recreation of the Naval Commander's full dress uniform worn...
This pattern by Genniewren Designs, is an 18-inch doll-sized recreation of the iconic wedding dress worn by Lady...
In Britain, back in February 1981, a 19 year old girl became engaged to a...