Get your doll ready for the 2021 Summer Olympics with this patriotic pattern hack of the Love From Lola Basic Leotard Pattern.
Giveaway Alert! We're giving away one Team Spirit Leotard for 18-inch Dolls AND 3 Doll-Sized Olympic Medals featured in this free craft tutorial.
Be sure to leave a comment and tell us:
What's your favorite Olympic Event to watch?
Get the Pattern Here:
1. Start by placing the Leotard front piece on the center of a piece of paper. Trace around the pattern piece.
2. Fold the Leotard front pattern piece in half. Use this to mark where the center front is along the neckline.
3. Measure and mark 1⁄2 inch in from each side seam.
4. Draw a line from the center neckline down to the markings you just made. You should have a triangle shape on the leotard front now.
5. Cut out the triangle-shaped portion of the leotard front.
6. Following the instructions on page 12 of the Basic Leotard pattern cut out the leotard back and the sleeves. You will also need 2 pieces cut to roughly 8 x 10 inches for the leotard front. One of the main fabric and one of the overlay fabric.
7. Place your main fabric down with your overlay fabric on top.
8. Center the overlay pattern piece on top. Pin through all three layers to secure the pattern piece in place.
9. Stitch the overlay in place following directly alongside the edge of the V shape. Stitch only along the edge of the V shape, do not stitch along the leg and crotch seam.
10. Remove the pattern piece. Taking care cut away the excess fabric leaving 1/8 inch along the stitched line. You will be left with something that looks like this.
11. Place the pattern piece marked ‘Basic Leotard Front’ on top and cut out the pattern. Use the stitching line as a guide and place the top of the V at the neckline center.
12. To finish treat this completed piece as the leotard front and follow the steps found on page 7 of the Basic Leotard Pattern to finish the leotard.
13. Finished leotard!
This technique can be used to create a variety of different designs on your leotard, or simply omit the sleeves and make a swimsuit instead!
To enter this week's contest, simply click the link below and then enter through the giveaway widget at the bottom of the blog post, there are many things you can do to earn multiple entry points!
Contest Details: You enter through the entry form that is embedded on this page and appears just below this paragraph, if you don't see it, be sure to visit the page from your desktop or an alternate browser such as Google Chrome. It may not appear on all mobile devices. The complete rules and entry details appear on the entry form. This is not a comment contest - in other words, leaving a comment on the bottom of this page is not an official entry method. The only required entry method is to leave a comment under this post and then confirm that you did it in the contest widget. One person will receive the PF Gift Card. You can enter once, or gain multiple entries by completing the other entry methods and increase your chances of winning. Please review all Terms and Conditions on the giveaway page before entering. While we wish we could run this contest everywhere, for legal reasons it is only open to eligible residents of the U.S. and Canada, not including Rhode Island. This contest is exclusively endorsed by Liberty Jane Clothing and Pixie Faire.a Rafflecopter giveaway
We'd love to hear from you. Leave a comment and tell us - What's your favorite Olympic event to watch?
Commenting below and confirming your entry in the widget above gives you one entry method, the other methods are listed in the widget above, be sure to enter in as many ways as you can to receive the maximum amount of entries to win the leotard and medals!
The Pixie Faire Team