This cozy cardigan, by Clarisse's Closet, combines classic fair isle colorwork with elegant details that really make it stand apart from the crowd! The cabled rib edgings and eyelet details are achieved with simple techniques that add an ornate texture to the fabric. The cardigan is knit flat from the bottom-up, with just the underarm seams to be stitched up at the end.
This PDF knitting pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Yarn: Wool, cotton, or other fiber fingering weight yarn.
- Fingering weight, approximately 50g/191yds/175m of Color 1
5g/19yds/17m of Color 2
- Yarn(s) shown:
• Rowan® Summerlite 4ply (100% cotton; 191yds (175m)/50g):
(C1) Seashell (0437)
(C2) High Tide (0428)
• Cloudborn Fibers ® Highland Superwash Sock Twist (80% wool, 20% polyamide; 178 yds (163m)/50g):
(C1) Burgundy (014)
(C2) Antique White (001)
(Given for example purposes only, no affiliation or endorsement is implied).
- Size US 0 (2.0 mm) and US 1 (2.5 mm) needles (or sizes needed to obtain gauge).
- 17 sts x 22 rows = 2 in (5 cm) square in Stockinette stitch with larger needles after blocking.
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 20 page knitting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF knitting pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Knit!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®.