-1/4 yard fabric
What You Get: One 10 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
Without thinking, I stuffed the body too full because I did not notice anywhere in the pattern that suggested one might want to ensure that the body was stuffed to the appropriate size to match the doll - only to stuff it full. Now my dress form is completed and oversized. My only other issue with the pattern is that it does not address how tall to make the stand. Again, I was not thinking about this at the time I found a candlestick and set about adapting it to serve as the base. I would recommend that you attempt to make the dress form the correct height for your doll in the event you want to make a long skirt. Overall, a very useful pattern despite my comments. I do recommend it, just consider what I did not - until it was too late. At some point I will probably make another one, using what I learned with the first one.
I absolutely loved using this pattern. The instructions were super clear and easy to follow. Honestly, the only difficult part was getting the bead on top of the neck and inside the seam. Thank you for such a great pattern. I will definitely purchase more in the future.
This was a really fun project to make. The proportions are fantastic. It will be perfect for displaying the doll clothes I make. I don't think it is strong enough to withstand play by a child, but is really cute as a display. I wish the pattern had a marking (a dot) where to stop stitching on the shoulder. I suggest stuffing the body VERY tightly to keep the body from being floppy. My first form was very lumpy, so I spent a little more time with the others to make sure the filling was even. I ran a basting stitch around the bottom, then drew up the threads to help with gluing the body to the base, In this pattern, there is actually very little sewing, just 4 seams, but the shoulder curves were a little bit tricky. Once I got the curve figured out, I couldn't stop making them. Overall, finding a candlestick and wooden piece for the top of the neck proved to be the hardest part of the pattern. Hobby Lobby's unfinished wood findings was the best place I found and I wish I had looked there first. And E6000 adhesive made a stronger bond than hot glue, even though it doesn't dry quickly.