If you were a girl in the late 1960s and early 1970s, these accessories were must-haves. Now your doll can wear them, too!
The Flossie Potter '60s & '70s ACCESSORIES pdf pattern shows you how to make WATER BUFFALO SANDALS (extremely flat leather sandals with a toe loop), four styles of LEATHER HAIR CLASPS (large rectangle to hold all of your doll's hair, small rectangle to hold some hair, eliptical shape, and pigtail holders that lace up), and a BRAIDED BELT (which can be made with or without bead decoration). And, if you're like me, you'll be happy to know that there is NO GLUING involved!
This pdf pattern has 15 pages of step-by-step instructions with full-color photos, 1 page of full-size pattern pieces, and 4 pages of summary instructions (to save on printer ink!).
Pair the accessories with these other Flossie Potter '60s - '70s items: HIP-HUGGER BELL BOTTOMS, WOODSTOCK PEASANT TOP, FAVORITE FRINGED VEST, and FLOWER CHILD MAXI DRESS.
Recommended Fabrics: SOFT faux leather, stiff felt
- Remnant of SOFT faux leather
- Remnant of STIFF felt (appropriate color for sole)
- 44" of mini soutache trim (Each sandal will need three 6" pieces plus the extra for the toe. You can use mixed colored pieces.)
- 2 mini dowels (approx. 1/16" diameter x 2 1/2" long)
- 4 yds of 1/8" wide soft decorative cord or floss
- (optional) 1/8" diameter and width beads (for belt)
- 24" of fine cord, mini soutache, floss (for lacing the pigtail holders #3D)
- Fray-stopping liquid
- Hand sewing needle
- Tapestry needle (wide eye)
- Regular cellophane tape
- Double-sided cellophane tape
- Zipper foot (helpful)
- Tweezers (helpful)
- (optional) stain finish and small brush
- (optional) beading needle
- (optional) fine beading thread
Skill Level: Easy Plus
What You Get: One 23 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
The hair clips are so quick and easy to make you will find yourself making more then one. They are a good way to play around with the decorative stichesDon't be afraid to try the sandals just take you time and you will get a great addition to you dolls wardrobe without dragging out the glue gun.