Benjy and Blossom, by Genniewren Designs, are two adorable little bunny rabbits that are the perfectly-sized pet for your 18 inch dolls.
Made from 3mm short pile soft cuddle plush (the kind often used for baby toys), these cute little bunnies are so sweet, you just want to pick one up and hug him (or her!).
The bunnies have different personalities: Benjy’s alert look is signified by his sticky-up ears, while Blossom is more relaxed with her ears down - she's just ready to snuggle up to your doll for a great big cuddle.
Benjy and Blossom are both so cute, you will want to make each of them. Your dolls will love these new additions to the family. The pattern even includes a bonus carrot so your bunny has something to eat!
The Benjy & Blossom pattern has been designed with novice toymakers in mind. The bunnies can be sewn completely on a sewing machine, with just a small amount of hand sewing at the end (for the facial features and to attach the head and tail to the body).
All the techniques required to make and finish the bunnies are explained with clear, step by step instructions and photographs, and the pattern instructions include a section on tips and techniques for working with plush fabrics and a list of general toymaking hints and tips.
Recommended Fabrics: 3mm pile soft cuddle plush fabric (the type used for baby toys), or fur fabric for the bunny's bodies and heads. Cotton woven fabric or teeshirt fabric for the ear linings.
- 10” x 16” of 3mm soft pile plush fabric will be sufficient in the main color for either bunny.
- A smaller piece (8” x 8”) of contrasting plush fabric for the tummy gussets and tail pieces.
- A 4” square of flesh pink woven fabric for the ear linings.
- A small piece of good quality pink felt for the nose (a 1” square is plenty) and a similar sized piece of black felt for the eyes.
- 8 oz (250 gram) of polyester fiberfill toy filling is sufficient to make either bunny and a carrot.
- A scrap of orange plush, felt, or fleece (4” x 4”) to make the carrot.
- A scrap of green felt (4” x 3”) to make the carrot leaves.
- Extra strong thread for attaching the head and tail to the body.
- Fray stopping fluid.
- Chopstick or knitting needle for turning and stuffing.
- A long dollmaker’s or millinery needle is helpful for attaching the facial features. You may also find a circular needle useful for attaching the head and tail. If you don't have the specialist needles available, don't worry. You can still achieve great results with regular hand-sewing needles.
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 35 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!