Make a cute bug costume for your 18 inch doll with this PDF pattern. Play with fabric to create a Ladybug or a Bee. There are two different wing shapes included for you to sew your bug.
The bug suit is a one piece romper with elastic cuffs at the shorts. It has a hook-and-loop closure in the back.
The wings are made from vinyl sewn together with elastic arms for easy dressing onto the doll. The wings can also be made from felt.
A headband tutorial is included using a pre-made headband and pipe cleaners to create the antennae.
Recommended Fabrics: • Medium weight woven fabrics - Cotton, quilter’s cotton. • Bee Costume – If you can find yellow and black stripe fabric, that will work. If not, then follow the instructions to create striped fabric using black bias binding or ribbon. • Ladybug Costume – Use red fabric with black dots. • Wings – Non-fray PVC Vinyl. The one I used is not the see through-type. It has a faux leather look to it.
• Fabric – Bodice – Solid color - 6” x 16”
• Fabric - Bodice Insert and Shorts – Black – 7.5” x 25”
• Fabric – Panniers – Print or Solid – 6” x 30”
• Lining – 6” x 16”
• Vinyl – Wings – 13” x 13”
Vinyl – Black Dots on Wings – 6” x 6”
• Matching threads
• Elastic - 1/4" Wide – 10” for pants and 9.5” for wings
• Hook-and-Loop Binding – 3.5” (5/8” width – cut in half to get about 1/4” wide)
• Optional for Bee stripes: 52” of 1/2" Wide black ribbon
OR Black Bias Binding – 6 or 8mm Double Fold. The binding is 1/2" wide with the sides folded in.
• Antennae: Premade doll headband that is about 1/2” wide.
(Suppliers like Punch Place Plus or Springfield at local craft stores)
• Black Pipe-cleaner – x1
• 3/8” Wide Black Ribbon – 40”
• Optional: 1/2" Pom-poms – x2
• Optional: Buttons for decoration
• Marking pen or pencil
• Loop turner or Haemostatic clamp
• Iron and ironing board
• Optional: Glue Pen or Glue stick
• Fray Blocker (Fray Check) or lighter
• Glue Gun (Antennae)
Skill Level: Easy to Intermediate
What You Get: One 21 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
Panniers or side hoops are women's undergarments worn in the 17th and 18th centuries to...