The Career Day sewing pattern, by FROG Princess Fashions, is even cuter when embellished with custom embroidery. Choose from a set of 11 custom machine embroidery designs and 3 bonus SVG cut files to make your project even more precise! The entire outfit takes on a couture look when you add the custom Fleur de Lis buttonholes to the jacket and the matching Fleur de Lis embroidery for the briefcase. For additional charm, quilt your briefcase with your choice of stipple or crosshatch quilting designs, done in the hoop! Add the applique corners and make your construction fly with the easy ME zipper application. For precise cutting of the bag parts, use the bonus SVG files and your doll will definitely be dressed for success in her new ensemble.
Note: while this ME design set contains two pattern pieces for the purpose of embellishing with embroidery, you will need the complete set of pattern pieces and directions from the PDF sewing pattern, Career Day, to complete any of the sewing projects shown on the cover or inside.
This machine embroidery design set is designed to fit 18" doll clothes for dolls such as American Girl®.
Design Hoops and Sizes:
11 Designs PLUS: 3 Bonus SVG Cut files for the Briefcase
DST, EMD, EXP, HUS, JEF, PCS, PEC, PES, SHV, VIP, VP3, XXX
Additional Supplies Needed:
• Mesh-type Water Soluble Stabilizer for jacket buttonholes and zipper installation
• Tear away stabilizer for briefcase body embroidery, quilting, and corner appliqué
• Interfacing for jacket front buttonholes and when using thinner fabrics for briefcase body
• Matching Polyester Embroidery Thread
• New, sharp size 11/75 or 12/80 needle
• Rectangular scrap of thin cotton batting, approximately 6” wide x 4.5” high
• Temporary spray adhesive or transparent tape
• Pleather/vinyl scraps approximately 2” square
• Sharp embroidery scissors
• 9” (or larger) lightweight polyester zipper (no metal)
• Optional: digital cutting machine (for SVG cut files)
• Optional: Career Day PDF Sewing pattern
What You Get: Eleven embroidery machine digitized designs in 12 file formats. You will receive an instant download zipped file that contains a folder with each of the file formats listed above. Each file format is conveniently saved in its own separate folder for easy use. You need to be able to unzip the zipped file to use it. You must have an embroidery machine and know how to transfer the file to your machine in order to use this.
This briefcase is the perfect size to be a gift card case. I used what I had on hand - no vinyl, so I used quilters' cotton. I used the svg. files to cut my corners and handles. What a time saver and so much better accuracy. The corner and fleur de lis stitched out very well, as did both of the background quilting designs.