The Chantelle Round Yoke Cardigan, by Genniewren Designs, is the perfect versatile cardigan for your 18” dolls. The cardigan can even be worn with the buttons at the back to look like a sweater!
It features a pretty round yoke with a chevron lace pattern, garter stitch borders, an optional lace or textured pattern for the hem edge, and a choice of three different sleeve styles.
The Chantelle Cardigan is knitted from the top down. The round yoke cleverly uses the increased stitch count to create lace chevrons. From the yoke onwards, the pattern is worked in one piece until you get to the sleeves. From a construction perspective, this cardigan has less sewing to do than a more traditionally knitted sweater, as only the sleeves are seamed.
The pattern has a choice of three sleeve types: long straight sleeves, short straight sleeves and short puffed sleeves. All the sleeve options have a garter stitch band at the lower edge.
The options for the sleeves and hem edge patterns can be mixed, so you are sure to love the versatility of this pattern and use it again and again to create a variety of sweaters and cardigans for your favorite 18” doll.
Suggested yarns: USA: Lightweight Fingering Yarn, Sock Yarn. UK/SA/NZ/Aus: 3 ply yarn, 4 ply yarn, Sock yarn,
- Two pairs of US Size 2 (metric 2.75 mm) knitting needles, or one pair plus a circular needle if you prefer (or whatever size needle you need to use to make the gauge (tension) required.
- Optional – one US Size 4 (metric 3.5 mm) knitting needle – needed only if you bind off tightly.
- Blunt ended yarn needle for darning in yarn ends and sewing on buttons or snaps.
- six 3/8” (or 7-9 mm) buttons for the front closure of the cardigan .
- One 50g (1¾ oz) ball of fingering yarn will be sufficient to knit any of the cardigans. The long sleeve cardigan and the puffed sleeve cardigan require approximately 35g (approximately 155 yards). The short sleeve cardigan requires approximately 25g (approximately 115 yards).
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 50 page knitting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Knit!