The Chantelle Round Yoke Cardigan is the perfect versatile cardigan for your 12.5” – 13” dolls. The cardigan can even be worn with the buttons at the back to look like a sweater!
It features a pretty round yoke with a chevron lace pattern, garter stitch borders, an optional lace or textured pattern for the bottom edge, and a choice of three different sleeve styles.
This pretty cardigan is knitted from the top down. The round yoke cleverly uses the increased stitch count to create lace chevrons. From the yoke onwards the pattern is worked in one piece until you get to the sleeves. From a construction perspective this cardigan has less sewing to do than a more traditionally knitted sweater, as only the sleeves are seamed.
The pattern has a choice of three sleeve types: long straight sleeves, short straight sleeves and short puffed sleeves. All the sleeve options have a garter stitch band at the lower edge.
The options for the sleeves and bottom edge patterns can be mixed, so you are sure to love the versatility of this pattern and use it again and again to create a variety of sweaters and cardigans for your favorite 12.5” – 13” doll.
This pattern has been designed to fit Corolle Les Cheries® and Paola Reina Las Amigas® dolls.
Please note that this pattern does NOT fit the American Girl® WellieWishers™ dolls. It is too small for them.
Recommended Fabrics: USA: Lightweight Fingering Yarn, Lace Yarn, Sock Yarn, #10 Crochet Yarn. UK/SA/NZ/Aus: 3 ply yarn, 4 ply yarn, Lace Yarn, Sock yarn, #10 Crochet
- 1 x 1 oz ball of yarn weights 0-Lace or 1-SuperFine (US), OR
- 1 x 25g ball of 3/4ply yarn, lace yarn, sock yarn (UK/SA/NZ/Aus)
- One pair of US Size 1 (2.25 mm) knitting needles – used for cast on and bind off only.
- One pair of US Size 0 (2 mm) knitting needles – used for knitting the sleeves.
- One circular needle US Size 0 (2 mm) – used for knitting the body of the cardigan.
- A blunt ended yarn needle for sewing sleeve seam and sewing on the buttons
- Four x 3/16” – 1/4” (4mm - 6mm) buttons for the front closure.
(Please check that your sewing needle will fit through the holes in the buttons).
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 38 page knitting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Knit!