This simple lace top is a great summery choice, with a lacy skirt & eyelets edging the waistline and bodice. The lacy skirt is decreased for a slight ruffle, and the bodice is worked with smaller needles for a tighter knit. You can choose to finish the top with crocheted ties or shoulder straps, and for variety, weave ribbon through the eyelets of the top & finish with a bow. You can choose one of three lace designs for your tank top: Vine Lace, Diamond Lace, and Beech Leaf Lace.
This PDF knitting pattern is designed to fit 14.5" dolls such as Welliewishers™.
This pattern is available in four sizes at Pixie Faire: 18" dolls such as American Girl®, 14.5" dolls such as WellieWishers™, 13" Little Darling and 14" Hearts For Hearts Girls® dolls, and 18" MSD BJD such as Kaye Wiggs.
Recommeded Fabrics: cotton crochet thread
• Lightweight crochet cotton—(US size 10) I’ve used Caron’s, Grandma’s Best, Artiste, etc. You can use acrylic yarn or laceweight yarn, but if you do be sure to have some liquid starch on hand to give your top a little more body.
• Knitting Needles, US sizes 1, 0, and 000. For working with doll clothing, I really prefer using circular needles, and find Addi Turbo to be a great brand for the smaller sizes.
• Crochet Hook (US size 7-9). Quite small—around 1.5 - 2 mm.
• Yarn needle for hand sewing
• 2 sets size 4/0 snaps, with needle & coordinating thread
• Optional—1/8 inch (3-4 mm) ribbon to weave through eyelets
• In stockinette stitch with cotton crochet thread and US size 000 needles, there are 23 stitches and 32-34 rows in a 2 x 2 inch square (5.1 cm).
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 14 page knitting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Knit! *Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®