You don’t have to like math in order to like this pattern by Forever 18 Inches! The dress and jumper have been named in honor of the two geometric shapes they use: a square and a circle. The square neck has an inset panel that can be cut on the bias or straight grain, and the closely fitted bodice is attached to a full circle skirt. Two sets of cutting lines have been provided for the Dress and Jumper. As an added bonus, an easy pattern for a circular petticoat with a crunchy tulle hem is also included for an authentic blast to the past!
Special Note - This pattern is designed to fit a Kidz N Cats Doll specifically and will not fit the standard 18 inch doll such as American Girl Doll. A KNC doll is 18 inches tall but has a much slimmer hard plastic body. You can see more info on our Doll Measurements page.
To view this pattern for AG dolls, click here.
Recommended Fabrics: Dress: Light to medium-weight fabrics with a tight weave and bit of drape Jumper: Lightweight denim, corduroy, sateen, twill, or wool. It should have some drape. Lining: Lightweight fabric with a tight weave
1. Matching thread
2. Three medium-sized snaps OR two pieces of thin ¼” wide hook and loop tape about 3 ½” long
3. Eight ¼” buttons (jumper only)
4. Optional (but extremely helpful): a hemostat (with grippers about 5 ½” long)
5. One pair of small, very sharp scissor to trim seam allowances
6. Fray Check®
1. 8-1/2” of 5/8” elastic (regular or Foldover Elastic [FOE]). ¾” wide elastic will also work.
2. 3 yds. of 6” wide tulle (I recommend the type that comes on spools).
3. Matching thread
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 42 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!