This unlined Go Everywhere Anorak Jacket by JenAshley Doll Designs is a great little loose fitting jacket for boy and girl dolls. Make it in one solid color or have fun mixing and matching fabric. Instructions are included to make a long sleeve jacket or a sleeveless vest. Add two, four, or no pockets. Two lower pocket options are included. Make your pockets with flaps or no flaps. Add the shoulder flaps and/or shoulder tabs or not. Jacket may have an elastic and cording in the waist and/or the hem line per instructions included. Does your doll need a spring rain jacket? Make the jacket in a pretty spring print and omit the elastic and the top pockets for a fun look. The possibilities to create your own look are endless. Be creative and have fun!
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 13-14.5 inch dolls such as WellieWishers™, Hearts for Hearts Girls® or Corolle® Les Cheries. It is also available on Pixie Faire for 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: Lightweight to medium woven fabric such as Kona cotton, quilter's cotton, twill, chambray, etc.
• 1/3 yard light to medium weight woven fabric (Kona cotton, quilter's cotton, twill, chambray, etc.) Scrap of additional coordinating fabric needed for lined hood
• 1/4-inch wide elastic (You will need a 6 inch long piece for the waist and/or a 8.5 inch long piece for the bottom of the jacket, and 6 inches for elastic sleeve bands.)
• Cording such as parachute cording found in craft stores. Shoelaces, crocheted string, etc. may also be used. (You will need 18 inches for the waist and/or 15 inches for the jacket
• 7 – 10 inch or longer separating zipper (The top of the zipper can be trimmed off after it has been stitched into the jacket.)
• Matching or contrasting thread
• 11 inch long strip of 1/2 inch single fold bias binding or two 5.5-inch x 1-inch strips cut on the bias of jacket fabric for sleeveless version
• Buttons, eyelets, rhinestones, etc. for jacket pockets
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 35 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Went together great looks lovely on the doll very pleased with it
This is a great pattern. The step-by-step pattern instructions with photos are excellent. Yes, somewhat challenging to sew with so many small pockets and shoulder tabs but these are the design details that make this jacket so cute! I used a tan bottom weight cotton and found that using the pinking shears on most edges works well to limit any fraying. Used a print quilting cotton for lining of the hood. Also used a jacket zipper from my stash. Have started on a second jacket in green fabric.