Gwen is a turtleneck pullover with a round yoke and cap sleeves. The two color stitch pattern is created easily with slip stitches, giving the look of fair isle, without requiring you to be skilled in that technique. Slip stitch pattern is given in both text and charted format. The turtleneck, hem and sleeves are done in twisted rib. Sweater is knit entirely in the round from the bottom-up, sleeves included, so there’s no sewing required. The Gwen PDF Pattern is designed to fit the 18" American Girl or similar dolls with an 11" chest circumference.
- 1 ball of Knit Picks Stroll in Ash for MC, 75% superwash merino wool, 25% nylon; Fingering weight (231 yards per 50 gram ball).
- 1 ball of Knit Picks Palette in White for CC, 100% Peruvian highland wool; Fingering weight (231 yards per 50 gram ball).
If substituting yarns or wishing to use up partial skeins leftover from other projects, you may find it useful to know that actual yardage requirements are approx. as follows:
MC 120 yards; CC 55 yards.
- 1 set of size US 2 (3.00mm) DPNs, or size required to obtain gauge.
- 2 spare short (16” length) circular needles, equal to or smaller in size (so as not to stretch sts) than the DPNs you use to get gauge. These aren’t a necessity, but may make things a little easier. They’re used to hold the cast on sleeve sts for a round, then the stitches are knit off of them when joined to the rest of the sweater. You could also use stitch holders, spare DPNs or scrap yarn instead.
- Scrap yarn for holding sts
- Darning needle for yarn ends
Skill Level: Intermediate - requires a knowledge of basic knitting skills, knitting in the round, slipping stitches, decreasing, casting on stitches at the end of a row using backwards loop CO, and picking up stitches.
What You Get: One 4 page knitting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Knit!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®