The Hat Matters Collection from Little Miss Muffett is a delightful set of both clothing and accessories, inspired by a favorite movie interpretation of Alice In Wonderland! Your 18-inch doll will look fabulous in this costume collection!
You may wish to have only the clothing items or only the accessories, or maybe you love the whole thing! We can help with that... this wonderful collection is available to purchase in the three ways outlined below:
The Complete Outfit Bundle $13.99:
When purchased as the complete bundle. “Hat Matters …And Other Things” from Little Miss Muffett includes includes FIVE items of clothing and FOUR accessories to create the perfect character outfit for your 18 inch doll! The bundle includes both boy and girl doll costumes consisting of a Coat, Shirt or Blouse, Waistcoat, Pants, Skirt, Hat, Bowtie, Knee-High Socks and Spool Bandolier (everything outlined below).
The Clothing Only $9.99:
Hat Matters Pattern includes just the FIVE items of clothing.
The knee length Coat is fully lined, has front and back neck facings, piped and topstitched Front and Back Panels, Pockets and buttoned Cuffs, a Center Back split, Center Front buttons and a faux or workable buttonhole option.
The lined Shirt or Blouse has a Stand-Up Wingtip Collar, lace edged long Sleeves, a faux button front and closes at Center Front with Hook & Loop Tape.
The Waistcoat is fully lined, has a Fold-Over Collar a faux button front and closes at Center Front with Hook & Loop Tape.
The Pants, in keeping with the “Mad Hatter” Costume, are a little short. An elasticated waist allows for easy on and easy off.
The gathered mid-calf length Skirt has a ruffle insert detail, a waistband and closes at Center Back with a snap fastener.
The Accessories Only $5.99 .
..And Other Things Pattern includes the FOUR darling accessories!
The Bowtie is constructed in three parts, namely the gathered bow, the tails and the neck tie, and closes at Center Back with Hook & Loop Tape.
The Socks pull up to just below the knee and are elasticated to keep them up.
The Hat is slightly taller than a Top Hat and the Crown is conical in shape. The inside of the hat is lined and the brim is bound. The hat is adorned with a long chiffon Scarf, Hat Pins and the very necessary ‘10 Shillings and Sixpence’ Price Tag.
The Spool Bandolier consists of 19 small cotton reels and either an old leather watch strap, which makes a good mini belt substitute, or a length of broad elastic. The reels are tied together with cord and then attached to the strap.
Choose the option you would like in the product dropdown. You will notice the price change based on your selection. By default the Complete Bundle is shown first.
This Intermediate PDF sewing pattern from Little Miss Muffett is designed to fit 18-inch soft-bodied dolls such as American Girl®.
For extended play and in keeping with the theme, be sure to check out Little Miss Muffett’s “Dressed for Tea” and “Majestically Red” patterns!
Recommended Fabrics: Fabric Used – Quilters’ Cotton was used for the Coat, Shirt/Blouse, Skirt, Top Hat and Bowtie; Suiting for the Pants; Embossed Cotton for the Waistcoat; Lightweight Cotton was used for the Coat, Waistcoat and Shirt Linings. Satin was used for the Top Hat Lining and Compressed Batting to shape the Top Hat. Four-way Stretch Knit was used for the Knee- High Socks.
- Coat: Quilters’ Cotton - 36” x 18”
- Coat Lining: Lightweight Cotton - 30” x 12”
- Narrow Piping for Coat : 90”
- Buttons for Coat & Sleeve Cuffs : 3 x ½” wide & 4 x 3/8” wide
- Fusible Lightweight Interfacing for Coat Collar : 10 ½” x 3”
- Waistcoat: Quilters’ Cotton or as Desired - 17” x 8”
- Waistcoat Lining: Lightweight Cotton - 17” x 8”
- Hook & Loop Tape for Waistcoat: 1” x 3/8” wide
- Buttons for Waistcoat Front: 2 x 3/8”
- Shirt / Blouse: Quilters’ Cotton - 20” x 16”
- Shirt / Blouse Lining: Lightweight Cotton - 18” x 8”
- Lace for Shirt / Blouse Sleeves: 20” x 1” wide
- Buttons for Shirt / Blouse Front: 4 x ¼” wide
- Hook & Loop Tape for Shirt / Blouse Front: 4” x 3/8” wide
- Pants : Quilters’ Cotton or as Desired - 20” x 11”
- Elastic for Pants Waist : 10 ½” x 3/8”
- Skirt: Quilters’ Cotton - 30” x 12”
- Skirt Ruffle: Quilters’ Cotton - 2 ½” x 42”
- Fusible Lightweight Interfacing for Skirt Waistband: 2” x 13”
- Snap Closure for Skirt Waistband: 1 x 3/8” wide (Size 1)
- Top Hat: Quilters’ Cotton - 20” x 20”
- Top Hat Lining: Light Weight Woven Fabric - 16” x 10”
- Top Hat Stiffening: Stiff Compressed Batting - 16” x 12”
- Hat Scarf (Optional): Medium Weight Chiffon - 8” x 36”
- Fine Millinery Wire for Top Hat (Optional): 23” x #23 Millinery Wire, or 23” x 26 gauge (or finer) Florist Wire
- Bowtie: Quilters’ Cotton - 12” x 9”
- Hook & Loop Tape for Bowtie Center Back Closure: 3/4” x 3/8” wide
- Knee-High Socks: Four-Way Stretch Knit - 6” x 6” Per Sock
- Elastic for Knee-High Socks: 13” x 3/8” wide
- Spools for Bandolier: 19 x 1” long x 5/8” wide
- Strap for Bandolier - Discarded Watch Strap 6” long OR Elastic ¾” wide x 6 ½” long
Matching Thread, Erasable Marking Pen, Point Turner, Clear Tape, Teflon Sheet™, Hemostat or Scissor Handle Tweezers, ¾” (18mm) Bias Tape Maker, 2 Tapestry Needles, Craft Glue, general sewing supplies.
A ‘Universal’ Sewing Needle – 80/12, a General Purpose Foot, Piping or Zipper Foot, Open-Toed Foot (optional) and a ¼” Foot are used throughout the sewing process.
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 80 page sewing pattern and/or one 54 page sewing pattern that you digitally download so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®.