Recreate an enduring 17th-century Scottish Highland costume with this meticulously designed pattern by Keepers Dolly Duds. The pattern for this historical ensemble includes five pieces: jacket, fichu, petticoat, apron, and cap.
- The warm jacket features loosely fitted sleeves topped with a sleeve cap.
- The fitted bodice has a two-piece peplum at the waist that helps define the 17th century silhouette and fastens in the front with looped lace and laced together with ribbon or cording.
- For modesty and skin protection, the simple triangular fichu can be tucked in around the neckline or tied around the shoulders.
- The plain floor length petticoat fastens with a single snap closure at the back of the waistband.
- A lightly shaped simple apron that ties at the back waist and a neatly tailored cap add the finishing touch to this delightful historical ensemble.
For more variety, mix and match pieces from the Pretty Pilgrim and Pilgrim Boy patterns!
Pattern #KDD-39 This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Suggested Fabrics: Petticoat and Jacket in medium weight cotton, cotton blends, gingham, wool flannel, wool suiting, silk, or linen. Not suitable for knits. Jacket Lining in lightweight cotton, cotton blends, gingham, silk, or synthetic lining. Not suitable for knits. Apron, Fichu, and Cap in lightweight cotton, cotton blends, batiste, voile, or silk. Not suitable for knits.
- Petticoat ~ 1/3 yard 45” wide fabric
- Jacket ~ 1/4 yard 45” wide fabric
- Jacket Lining ~ 1/4 yard 45” wide fabric
- Apron, Fichu and Cap - 1/2 yard 45” wide fabric
- 7” of 1/2” wide looped cluny lace
- Two yards 1/8” wide ribbon, cording, or twill tape for lacing
- 12” x 3” piece of lightweight fusible interfacing
- 1/3 yard 1/2” wide lace trim
- Sewing machine
- Hand sewing needle
- Iron and pressing tools
- Point turner or blunt needle
- Tube turner for turning apron ties
What You Get: One 25 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! This PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
related to the doll clothes patterns sold at Pixie Faire.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®.