The Key West Wrap, by Frog Princess Fashions, is a casual dress, crop top, or wrap skirt that can double as a sun or swim cover-up. The wrap-around style simply buttons, snaps, or ties in place with no hook and loop tape and no zippers! The sleeveless dress or crop top is a comfortable look for sweltering summer heat, and the wrap-around skirt is a season-spanner. All three are easy to sew and suited for a variety of woven fabrics to make dressing for sunny weather both pretty and comfortable. Make one or several—they whip up quickly and are fat-quarter friendly! And, the pattern comes with a BONUS beach bag! Great for crafting with kids, too. Grab some shades and flip-flops and your doll will be ready for a day in the sun! Designed to fit 18 Inch dolls such as American Girl®.
Be sure to check out the super adorable Key West Machine Embroidery Set!
A note about fit: Always try pattern pieces on your doll before cutting your fabric. This pattern with the button tabs is pictured on newer, “thinner” dolls. You may need to adjust button placement on an older, fuller doll. I used ties on an older doll with an 11” waist.
Recommended Fabrics: Suggested Fabrics: (Main) gingham, seersucker, cotton, broadcloth, chambray, and other lightweight woven fabrics; (Lining) batiste, poplin, and other lightweight cotton and polycotton woven fabrics; (Beach Bag) denim, twill, pique, linen, chino (I used Aida cloth).
• ¼ yd* main fabric
• ¼ yd* lining
• Optional: 1/8 yd. contrasting fabric for waistband, belt or ties, and pockets
• Optional: 3 Scraps of solid woven fabric for bag
• *Fat quarter friendly
• Matching all-purpose thread
• New, sharp 75/11 for dress, top, skirt; 80/12 needle or 90/14 for bag
• 2 Decorative 3/8” buttons or snaps
• 1 yd. ½” wide grosgrain ribbon for bag straps
• Optional: Frog Princess Fashions Key West ME Design Set
• Small pressing ham
• Turning tool, chopstick, small bodkin, or tiny safety pin for turning button tabs and pockets
• Optional: pinking shears
• Optional: ¼” piecing foot (so nice to use, especially on the many curves in the pockets and bodice
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 42 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!