Kynance Cove is in Cornwall, about two miles walk from Lizard Point, the most southerly part of Great Britain. It is considered to be one of Britain's most beautiful wild beaches, famous for its white sand, caves, and striated serpentinite rock formations. The cove became a popular tourist attraction after Queen Victoria and Prince Albert visited there several times. Also, it has been featured as the location for some TV series.
The Kynance Cove Dress, by Genniewren Designs, is a fun dress featuring balloon-style raglan sleeves, a cutaway back and offering a choice of skirt options. The bodice and sleeves of the dress are fully lined and the optional waist ties can be tied either at the back or in the front giving different looks. Both skirt styles feature buttons all the way down the center back, making it easier to dress and undress your doll.
View A is modern in style and has a knee-length flared skirt.
With the high neckline and gathered pin-tucked, midi-length skirt, View B of the Kynance Cove dress has a Victorian look and feel about it, as a nod to Queen Victoria's visits to this beautiful, wild beach.
Recommended Fabrics: This pattern is designed for lightweight woven fabrics such as cotton lawn, poplin, chambray, and light polycotton blends. Fabric requirements will differ depending on how many colors you wish to use for the dress. Lightweight cotton or polycotton blend fabrics are also suitable for the bodice lining.
Dress View A
- Half a yard/meter of main fabric,
- One quarter of a yard/meter of lining fabric (a fat quarter 18" x 22" (46cm x 56 cm) is suitable),
- 6" x 26" lightweight fusible interfacing,
- Seven 3/8" (8 mm) buttons,
- Seven small snaps.
Dress View B
As for View A, but also
- 7" (18 cm) of 3/8” (8 mm) wide elastic.
Either View (optional)
- One fat quarter of fabric for contrast ties and front waist sash,
- Hook and loop tape for back closure if not using snaps.
NOTIONS AND TOOLS YOU MIGHT FIND USEFUL
- A bodkin or small brass lingerie safety pin for threading the elastic through the waist casing.
- Tailor’s chalk, chalk pencil, dressmaker’s carbon paper, washable or air dry marker pens for transferring pattern markings to the wrong side of your fabric.
- A chopstick, knitting needle or turning tool for turning pieces right side out.
- Mini iron for getting into those tiny areas when pressing the seams on your dolls’ clothes.
- Fray blocking fluid for sealing thread knots, seams and edges.
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 46 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available
Download, Print, Sew!