Dress your doll like a little lady is this elegant dress. You can add elegance by playing with eyelet fabric, lace and ribbon trims. The skirt consists of two gathered layers and the bodice is fully lined. Use different shades of fabric for different looks. Two lengths are shown in this PDF sewing pattern, floor and tea length, and a hoop-and-loop closure is used in the back. The dress can also be made with short sleeves or sleeveless.
This pattern is designed to fit 14.5 inch dolls such as WellieWishers™. It is not recommended for Hearts for Hearts Girls dolls as it fits quite loose in the bodice and armhole.
Look for the companion pattern at Pixie Faire for 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: Light weight woven fabrics – Anglais (Eyelet fabric), Cotton LINING – Light weight woven fabric
• Fabric 1 – Floral – 7” x 25”
• Fabric 2 – Contrasting – 8” x 29”
• Fabric 3 - Lining – 4” x 10” (or you can use the same fabric as for the top)
• Lace – 1/2” wide – 33” Skirt Overlay Edge– 27” Skirt Bottom Edge
• Ribbon – 1/8” wide – 4” (Optional for bows – 20”)
• 3” Hook-and-loop tape (5/8” width – cut in half to get about ¼” wide)
• Fabric Pencil or Pen Marker
• Iron and ironing board
Skill Level: Easy to Intermediate
What You Get: One 16 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
Panniers or side hoops are women's undergarments worn in the 17th and 18th centuries to...