The Liberty Jane® Le Marais Coat 18 inch Doll Clothes PDF pattern. The stylish coat featured in both the Liberty Jane® Fall 2012 Euro Libby: Le Marais and 2014 Destination Dresden outfits is now available as a pdf sewing pattern! Your doll will be ready to gallery hop during a visit to Le Marais in this beautiful fully lined coat. Details include princess seaming, topstitched seams, working front buttons, and cute tiny accent buttons on the cuff.
Suggested fabrics include lightweight wool or wool blends, wool flannel, poly suiting, pinwale corduroy, or lightweight cotton twill. Rayon or poly lining fabric can be used on the inside or why not try a surprise of printed lining.
-1/3 yard each of fabric and lining
-Three 3/8″ buttons for front
What You Get: One 26 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Really enjoyed making this pattern. It turned out beautifully.
When I had all the pieces cut out and ready to go, I felt a bit panicky because there were just so many pieces and so many steps, but every step was easy to follow and the result was the most detailed, gorgeous piece I've ever sewn for our 18" friends. I used hammer-in pearl snaps instead of buttons and buttonholes and am very pleased with the final product. Will definitely sew this again!
I have never made something so complicated! I had to resize the pattern to fit my doll, the first time I made it too small (76%) but at 85% it fits a My Friend Mandy Doll, but not enough to button. The pattern didn't say when to press the sleeve lining up so I pressed it up before sewing the lining to the coat. Also it looks like the front facings of the coat are top stitched but the pattern doesn't say to top stitch. It took me about 2 1/2 hours to make this coat.