Is your doll in need of a new trendy bag? You can make the perfect one for her with the Miche Bag PDF Pattern! This bag features a decorative "V", is fully lined and has a full front pocket with cover flap.
-1 scrap fabric
-1 scrap lining
Skill Level: Intermediate
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®
I loved this pattern. Easy to follow instructions. I will be making these in a variety of colors!
I used aqua leather. I found an 8 1/2 x 11 piece at Michaels and used a 50% off coupon. If you are very careful this purse goes together very well. Others have said they had trouble with attaching the bottom piece. I found a trick. First mark the centers of the base lengthwise and then mark them widthwise. Also mark the purse in the middles on the sides. You already have the side seams. So then, just sew one fourth at a time. this way it comes out even in the end. Hope that makes sense. I have not tried other fabrics, but I did buy two large purses at the DI. (It's like a good will store) I am thinking they will be perfect, they are kind of faux leather. Others have said they think the purse is too big for the doll, but I love the size. It's kind of tote size.
I did not think it was too difficult to sew around the bottom oval like others have posted but you do have to go slow. I do feel like the purse is proportionately too large for the doll. I am going to try to reduce the pattern and attempt again.
Adorable purse! I used some white embossed tablecloth vinyl that I had gotten from the remnant bin at the store. I tested using straight pins to hold the seams while sewing, and they did not leave large holes in this particular vinyl. This simplified the sewing process. The 1/8 inch seams took concentration, but give a nice proportion. We love the side pocket detail. I would make it again.
I made this in vinyl which was difficult to sew with, but the bag still turned out adorable and I can't wait to sew it again in an easier fabric. The most difficult steps were to sew the very narrow straps and to insert the base of the bag. Without being able to pin the small oval shaped bottom piece it was difficult to keep consistant seam allowances.