Ahoy Mateys! Here's a Nautical Top and Dress to shiver your timbers: they're both quick sewing projects with three main pattern pieces--and there's no facing, no lining or set-in sleeves, which means no fuss! This PDF doll clothes pattern is designed to fit 13" - 14.5" dolls such as Minouche, Hearts For Hearts Girls®, and Welliewishers™.
The Classic Sailor Collar and Dickey are equally fast and simple to construct because they're detachable rather than permanently stitched into the neckline. When your dolls are feeling their sea legs the Collar and Dickey can be snapped together and fitted over the Top or Dress; if they feel like styling a simple shift or blouse with a sophisticated cut the Dress or Top can be worn independently. The Dress also has an option for a tacked-in Dickey for a streamlined nautical vibe.
Seamstresses will have fun playing around with the multiple options and combinations that can be made with this pattern--and because it's an easy-level, user-friendly pattern it's perfect for on-line sellers and craft fairs. Use this versatile pattern to create a variety of looks easily and quickly. You'll be collecting "Pieces of Eight" wherever you sell!
The Nautical Top & Removable Collar design is also available for 18" dolls separately.
Supplies Needed All Options:
1. Matching thread and optional contrast thread
2. One pair of small, very sharp scissors to trim seam allowances
3. Optional: Fray Check®
4. A Frixion® pen or another tool to mark the collar and bodice
5. Optional: a hemostat or long pair of tweezers for turning the Collar and Dickey
For the Top or Dress:
1. Three medium-sized snaps OR a 5-1/2" x 3/8" piece of hook-and-loop tape
2. One 3/8" x 2" strip of very lightweight fusible interfacing for the top of Insert B
3. Optional: Eight ¼" (or smaller) buttons
For the Collar:
1. Dickey G: four small snaps
2. Dickey G: chalk (I used a stick of regular blackboard chalk)
3. 2/3 yd. of 1/8" or 3/16" Middy Braid OR Soutache Braid OR Ribbon*
*Use the Ribbon for Collar E only. Use more flexible trim such as Soutache or Middy Braid with Collar D.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 34 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew! *Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with WellieWishers™