If you ever wanted to try your hand at making shoes for your 18" doll, this is the PDF pattern for you! It's a great beginner pattern. Minimal sewing, a little bit of glue, really cute shoes! It's also a great way to use up scraps from your stash. It only takes a little bit of fabric to make an awesome pair of shoes.
And NO hot glue! You can make shoes to match every outfit! Your doll is going to need a bigger closet!
Be sure to check out the Olivia Pixie Pack, complete kit to make the Plain Jane Shoes!
Recommended Fabrics: light weight cotton fabric or light weight tightly woven fashion fabric
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 25 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
I love this pattern. It is so versatile. I made two pairs for my 18 inch dolls. Then I narrowed the width and made a pair for my skinny 18 in BFC Doll. I really like that you can dress them up or down. I have been looking at this pattern for years. I am so glad I bought this one.
After printing out the wrong size, I found that the pattern would fit my Journey Girl so I decided to go ahead and make the shoes. The instructions are at two levels and I followed the Cobbler 101 instructions. The author has given very clear instructions on how to cut , press and assemble these cute shoes. I am very pleased with the results and will certainly be printing a correct size pattern to make more of these cute little "must have" shoes in a variety of fabrics.
Good pattern & good instructions.
Size and directions were perfect. However, I did use poster board instead of interfacing as the sticky glue would not hold the material to the interfacing.