You can make two adorable hats with this two in one knitting PDF pattern from Qute!
Rosamund is a sweetly feminine beret done in a highly textured stitch pattern that resembles little flowers, and is topped with a plump pom pom. This pattern is designed to fit 18” dolls with a head circumference of approximately 12 ¼”, like American Girl. It's worked in the round on double pointed needles, and requires minimal finishing.
Sophie is a modern slouchy hat with a hemmed edge. The garter ridge stitch pattern gives it a
textured slinky-like look that emphasizes the casual fit. Worked in the round with minimal finishing required.
Supplies Needed For Rosamund Beret:
Supplies Needed for Sophie Slouch Hat:
Skill Level: The skill level for the Rosamund pattern is intermediate and the skill level for the Sophie pattern is easy.
What You Get: One 5 page knitting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Knit! *Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®
I have some experience in knitting. Description of Flower stitch pattern (body of the beret) is not transparent. As it is rather involved, it ahould be accompanied with illustrations and schematics. The customer should not spend time on guessing what to do, as he pays money. I am upset with this pattern.
So far I have made the Sophie hat and it turned out great! The pattern was easy to follow and the only thing I had to do was down-size on the needles one size. (I tend to knit loosely.) I'm very pleased and will definitely be purchasing more knitting patterns from Pixie Faire!
I have been knitting for over 65 years and found this pattern confusing. I got through the brim rounds and began the body of the hat with the flower pattern. I completed rounds 1-3 but when I began round 4, it seemed I didn't have enough stitches to complete the row. I gave up at this point. I may try again later, but I am disappointed. So sorry.