The city of Santa Fe brings to mind Pueblo villages with adobe buildings, old Spanish settlements, and historic trading posts. With its abundant sunshine, dry climate and high altitude, tourists seek comfortable clothing and shoes. These cute cut-out sandals, by FROG Princess Fashions, fit the bill to pair up with any outfit several months of the year.
Dressed in a breezy skirt and halter top, with the Santa Fe Sandals, a straw hat, and sunglasses, your doll will be ready for any sightseeing adventure in New Mexico!
The Santa Fe sandals are stitched out in two pieces with a five-pointed toe and a cut-out heel with strap. The strap fastens with a hook and loop closure but can be modified to close with a snap or button, for a change of pace.
Test samples were stitched out in a variety of vinyls, but the design works equally well with fabric to coordinate with any outfit.
An optional 3D machine embroidered flower can be used for embellishment in a matching or contrasting fabric and is included as a bonus with the shoe design.
These shoes are designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Design Hoops and Sizes:
5 x 7 and larger
DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PCS, PEC, PES, SHV, VIP, (more formats available upon request)
Additional Supplies Needed:
• ¼ yd. of medium weight woven polyester OR I sheet of lightweight craft vinyl
• Scraps of solid fabric or coordinating fabric to cover insole
• Medium weight cut-away stabilizer
• Fusible interfacing for lightweight woven fabric
• Thread to match fabric
• 2 each of Pixie Packs Shape 1 (or Shape 4 ) Pre-Cut soles and insoles OR cut your own with template provided and 2 layers of cereal type cardboard and 1 mm craft foam (not sticky back)
• Spray starch
• Temporary spray adhesive
• Two segments of hook and loop tape (one small pair per shoe)
• Sharp embroidery scissors (as for applique)
• Mini glue gun
• Mini craft iron
What You Get: An embroidery machine digitized designs in 9 file formats. You will receive an instant download zipped file that contains a folder with each of the file formats listed above. Each file format is conveniently saved in its own separate folder for easy use. You need to be able to unzip the zipped file to use it. You must have an embroidery machine and know how to transfer the file to your machine in order to use this.