The Serena swirly skirt is a funky, modern spiral-gored skirt with real “twirl factor” that’s perfect for your 14”-14.5”” dolls such as WellieWishers™ or Hearts For Hearts® dolls.
The skirt has two views: View A is a fit and flare version with no gathers. View B, the 12 gore skirt, has an elasticized back waistband with optional ties for that oh-so-popular bow at the back, and the skirt is almost a full circle, so it’s really twirly!
The Serena Swirly Skirt design allows your imagination to run riot by mixing and matching colors, prints, plains, stripes and checks and trims. You can use a different fabric for each gore as shown on one of the cover examples, or you can alternate panels from using two different fabrics as in the fit and flare skirt. The choice is yours!
This PDF sewing pattern is a great way to use up scraps left over from other dressmaking projects. The skirt gore piece will easily fit in a 6“ x 5” area, and the waistband and optional ties are made from strips, so you can use up quite small scraps to make this Euro-inspired skirt. Alternatively you can pick up a fat quarter pack and make your doll a skirt from this pattern and still have plenty of fabric left over to make shirts, hats or other accessories.
This adorable skirt pattern is also available or 18" dolls such as American Girl.
Recommended Fabrics: This pattern is designed for woven fabrics such as cotton lawn, poplin, quilter's cottons, broadcloth, or cotton blends e.g. cotton/linen or polyester/cotton blends.
Both views of this design can be made with two fabrics and alternating gore panels, or you could use a variety of cotton fabrics left over from other dressmaking projects.
- View A: For the two-color design you will need two toning or contrasting fabric pieces 15” x 8”. For the multicolored design you will need one piece of fabric 2” x 8” for the waistband, and six pieces each measuring 5” x 7”.
- View A Only: One snap for the back skirt closure.
- View B: For the two-color design you will need two toning or contrasting pieces 18” x 14” (less fabric is required for non-directional prints). For the multicolored design you will need one piece 4” x 21” for the waistband and ties, and twelve pieces each measuring 5” x 7”.
- View B Only: 3.5” of 3/8" wide elastic for the skirt back.
- Bias binding tape, rick rack, lace or other trims as desired for edging the skirt hem.
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 32 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with WellieWishers™ and Hearts For Hearts®.
Panniers or side hoops are women's undergarments worn in the 17th and 18th centuries to...