Calling all dolls ready for an adventure! The Skirts With Pockets PDF Pattern Bundle features two casual skirts with deep pockets—so handy for dolls and their friends who want to stow important treasures! Option 1 features decorative topstitching, two deep cargo pockets, and tab belt loops that can display an optional tie belt or a traditional belt with a buckle. The Option 2 nautical skirt has decorative topstitching, an inset panel, deep patch pockets, a faux-buttoned waistband, and a straight gathered skirt that can be used with border prints or stripes. Option 3 is a simplified version of Option 2 to make the skirt an easy-level sewing project for newer seamstresses. All skirts have flat fronts and elasticized backs for easy dressing and a universal fit.
Recommended Fabrics: Option 1: Light to medium-weight fabrics with a bit of drape and a tight weave; Option 2: Light-weight fabric with a tight weave and a bit of drape
Fabric Requirements: All fabrics should have a tight weave
- Option 1: 1/3 yd. of light to medium-weight fabric with a bit of drape
- Option 2: ¼ yd. of light-weight fabric with a bit of drape
- Option 3: ¼ yd. of light-weight fabric with a bit of drape
1. Matching thread and contrast thread
3. One pair of small, very sharp scissor to trim seam allowances.
6. Graph Paper to make the pattern for the Option 1 tie and Option 2 Skirt
7. A small sturdy safety pin (approximately 3/8” x 7/8” or smaller)
In addition, Option 1 needs:
1. Two ¼” buttons
2. 5” piece of 3/8” elastic
3. Fray Check
4. Optional: a hemostat for turning the tabs and pockets
In addition, Options 2 & 3 need:
1. Four to six ¼” buttons, depending on the chosen Option
2. One 5” piece of ½” elastic OR two 5” pieces of ¼” elastic (Note: 5/8” elastic will also work
well, but it can be harder to find. To use the ¼” elastic, follow the Alternate Elastic Directions
on Page 36.)
Skill Level: Easy and Intermediate
What You Get: One 49 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
Panniers or side hoops are women's undergarments worn in the 17th and 18th centuries to...
Love this pattern. Turned out so cute and the instructions were easy to follow.
I did option #1 and it is adorable!. The directions and pictures are very easy to understand and you will have no problems. Also, it fits great!
This pattern is very easy to make. Good instructions and photos. I've made options 1and 2. Out of 3. Both skirts fit well and went together quickly.
I just made Option 1, and I love it! The instructions and pictures are very clear, and the skirt went together easily. It's really a cute skirt, and fits the doll great!