Create your own summery footwear for your 18" (46 cm) Ball-Jointed Dolls such as Kaye Wiggs MSD dolls. This pattern works for dolls with feet that are 1 1/4" by 2 1/2" (3.2 x 6.4) at the widest parts.
The insoles are fabric-covered cardboard, the strap and heel are lined fabric, and the trim is made from fabric-wrapped cardstock (or you can use your own purchased trim). The example in the photo-illustrated steps is finished with a double-layered white flower backed by green leaves, but I’ll give some design advice as you consider your fabric choices. The options are limitless!
This adorable sandal pattern is also available for 13-14.5" dolls such as Les Cheries®, Hearts for Hearts® or WellieWishers™.
Recommended Fabrics: lightweight cotton, craft foam, cardboard, cardstock.
• Fabric remnant for sandals, at least 12” x 6” in size
• Lining fabric for sandals
• Fabric scraps for soles, flowers and leaves
• Scrap of fleece or thin batting
• Fabric glue, such as Liquid Stitch™ Original
• Optional Iron-On Adhesive, such as HeatnBond®
• Miniature buttons (mine were 4mm buttons purchased on Etsy)
• Cardstock (heavy-weight paper)
• Cardboard (or pre-cut chipboard)
• 2mm foam in a coordinating color for sole of shoe
• Optional purchased trim in 1/4" width
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 17 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
A four-stranded braid travels down the front of this turtleneck sweater, which can be created...