Pattern Description: Sew many possibilities! Sew many variations! You can sew swimsuits all summer and still not make all the cute suits you can dream up with the options this pattern provides! One-piece, two-piece, ruffles, off the shoulder, and more! Mix and match the elements to create your own unique look!
The pattern includes:
- Variation 1 & 2 - A one-piece suit with a deep "V" back. This style can be made with a full off-the-shoulder ruffle or with the smaller ruffles just on the arms.
- Variation 3 - A two-piece top with the regular tank-style straps and a tie-back design. This style utilizes the "V" back element.
- Variation 4 - A two-piece set. The top uses the same full off-the-shoulder ruffle as variation 1, but for this design, it's a cropped top and high-waist bottoms.
- Variation 5 - A two-piece set that has an added ruffle around the empire waistline of the top.
- Variation 6 - A two-piece set that is made from the basic tank and low-waist bottoms. For this one, we've used flat picot lingerie elastic instead of the FOE. It's a cute detail and adds some feminine charm!
Swimsuit Variations takes the FREE Liberty Jane Basic Swimsuit for 14.5-15" dolls to a wonderful new level. Be sure to grab a copy of that original pattern to see the in-depth detailed instruction for sewing with Fold Over Elastic.
Designed to fit 14.5" dolls such as W.ellieWishers™ and 15" Ruby Red Fashion Friends.™
Suggested Fabrics: Swimwear Fabric, 2-way and 4-way stretch, Lyrca®, Econyl® (sustainable knit blend)
- 1/8 yard fabric (or small scraps)
- 1 Yard 1/2” - 5/8” Fold Over Elastic OR 1/4” wide flat picot edge lingerie elastic
- Sewing Machine
- Recommended - Double sided quilters tape
- Optional Stabilizer (tissue paper, coffee filter, etc.)
- Optional—Ball point or Stretch needle
- Optional—Twin Needle 1.6 mm
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 26 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time
related to the doll clothes patterns sold at Pixie Faire.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®