The Key West Wrap, by Frog Princess Fashions, is a casual dress, crop top, or wrap skirt that can double as a sun or swim cover-up. The wrap-around style simply buttons, snaps, or ties in place with no zippers! The sleeveless dress or crop top is a comfortable look for sweltering summer heat, and the wrap-around skirt is a season-spanner. All three are easy to sew and suited for a variety of woven fabrics to make dressing for sunny weather both pretty and comfortable. Make one or several—they whip up quickly and are fat-quarter friendly! Great for crafting with kids, too. Complete the look with the stylish beach bag included with the pattern. Grab some shades and flip-flops and your doll will be ready for a day in the sun!
Be sure to check out the super adorable Key West Machine Embroidery Set!
Recommended Fabrics: (Main) gingham, seersucker, cotton, broadcloth, chambray, and other lightweight woven fabrics; (Lining) batiste, poplin, and other lightweight cotton and polycotton woven fabrics; (Beach Bag) denim, twill, pique, linen, chino (I used Aida cloth).
• ¼ yd* main fabric
• ¼ yd* lining
• Optional: 1/8 yd. contrasting fabric for waistband, belt or ties, and pockets
• Optional: 3 Scraps of solid woven fabric for bag; 3 ½” square for bottom; 3” x 4” for pocket; 5” x 6” for front and back
• Optional: 1 3 ½” scrap of fusible interfacing for bag bottom
• *Fat quarter friendly
• Matching all-purpose thread
• New, sharp 75/11 for dress, top, skirt; 80/12 needle or 90/14 for bag
• 2 Decorative 3/8” buttons or clear nylon sew-on snaps
• 2/3 yd. ¼ ” wide grosgrain ribbon for bag straps
• Optional: narrow, flat hook and loop tape in place of sew-on snaps
• Optional: Frog Princess Fashions Key West ME Design Set
• Small pressing ham
• Turning tool, chopstick, small bodkin, or tiny safety pin for turning button tabs and pockets
• Optional: pinking shears
• Optional: ¼” piecing foot (so nice to use, especially on the many curves in the pockets and bodice
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 25 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!