The Key West Wrap, by Frog Princess Fashions, is a casual dress, crop top, or wrap skirt that can double as a sun or swim cover-up. The wrap-around style simply buttons, snaps, or ties in place with no zippers! The sleeveless dress or crop top is a comfortable look for sweltering summer heat, and the wrap-around skirt is a season-spanner. All three are easy to sew and suited for a variety of woven fabrics to make dressing for sunny weather both pretty and comfortable. Make one or several—they whip up quickly and are fat-quarter friendly! Great for crafting with kids, too. Complete the look with the stylish beach bag included with the pattern. Grab some shades and flip-flops and your doll will be ready for a day in the sun!
Be sure to check out the super adorable Key West Machine Embroidery Set!
Recommended Fabrics: (Main) gingham, seersucker, cotton, broadcloth, chambray, and other lightweight woven fabrics; (Lining) batiste, poplin, and other lightweight cotton and polycotton woven fabrics; (Beach Bag) denim, twill, pique, linen, chino (I used Aida cloth).
• ¼ yd* main fabric
• ¼ yd* lining
• Optional: 1/8 yd. contrasting fabric for waistband, belt or ties, and pockets
• Optional: 3 Scraps of solid woven fabric for bag; 3 ½” square for bottom; 3” x 4” for pocket; 5” x 6” for front and back
• Optional: 1 3 ½” scrap of fusible interfacing for bag bottom
• *Fat quarter friendly
• Matching all-purpose thread
• New, sharp 75/11 for dress, top, skirt; 80/12 needle or 90/14 for bag
• 2 Decorative 3/8” buttons or clear nylon sew-on snaps
• 2/3 yd. ¼ ” wide grosgrain ribbon for bag straps
• Optional: narrow, flat hook and loop tape in place of sew-on snaps
• Optional: Frog Princess Fashions Key West ME Design Set
• Small pressing ham
• Turning tool, chopstick, small bodkin, or tiny safety pin for turning button tabs and pockets
• Optional: pinking shears
• Optional: ¼” piecing foot (so nice to use, especially on the many curves in the pockets and bodice
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 25 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
This pattern offers you three variations of Scottish-inspired shawls, perfect for cold evenings, whether Scottish...